Thursday, January 5, 2012

Journal cards, exploding spaghetti squash, eggplant frog in the hole

My pictures from this week are a bit odd...

On Monday night I made spaghetti squash w/ sauce and ground meat and veggies. Still sticking with the Paleo diet! But of course, the squash exploded in the microwave. Matt yells, "grab your camera!"



And Tuesday night I took a photo of those journal cards I told you about. They are not perfect, but they are fun and I love them.



This morning I made a delicious breakfast...Eggplant frog in the hole! It was really easy and really delicious! I have extra eggplant that I can use tomorrow. I got the recipe from "Make it Paleo"



1 egg plant cut into 1 inch strips
Sprinkle a little olive oil and salt
Broil in the oven at 500 degrees, on both sides
Cut a circle in the eggplant
fry it up with an egg and coconut oil. Delicious!

3 comments:

  1. I can just see Matt's "excitement" at the explosion! I will have to come stay with you and let you cook those meals for me. Eggplant frog in the hole...hmmm?? I am glad you are trying new things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cards!! It is fun to do your own things, altering what you have. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool cards! That eggplant/egg dish sounds interesting. Just bought some coconut oil at TJs :)

    ReplyDelete