Sunday, March 25, 2012

I am taking it easy today...

...I just ran a half marathon this morning and I am dead tired!


I am so glad I finished and did fairly well. The official results haven't been posted, but I know I finished around 1:52. Not a complete PR, but still five minutes faster than last year's time.

And boy did it hurt. Now I know why I train up to 12 to 13 miles before the race. This time my longest run was 10 miles and I pretty much faked it for 10 miles. Three miles is A LOT to run by sheer will. I hit a major wall around mile 9 and pretty much convinced myself to run step by step after that.

But now its over! I made it! My body feels good, only my toes are a little sore. So overall it was a success, I must say. :)

Here I am at the beginning of the race:
I wont share my finisher photo because I am making a super ugly face. (Couldn't help it!)

And now that I see myself in spandex I am even more motivated to LOSE SOME WEIGHT! I don't like carrying those extra pounds with me on those long runs!!

Thank you everyone for your support. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got to run. With weather getting better, you will get back into your running shape. It's great how you were able to push yourself to finish. No injury, that's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Glad no injuries this time!!
    P.S. I ran one mile today, which sounds silly after your 1/2 marathon but hey it's better than nothing.
    -Renae

    ReplyDelete