Monday, July 16, 2012

The One with the Lake Stevens 70.3 Ironman

Yesterday started at 4 am. We turned on the french press coffee pot and got some last minute things ready (checking and re-checking!) and headed up the dark I-5 corridor to Lake Stevens.

Matty did his second half Ironman course yesterday! The one in Boise was unfortunately cut short due to weather, so he was so happy to participate in the full length event.

Swim 1.2 miles.
Bike 56 miles.
Run 13.2 miles.

Its a lot! And he did it! I was his personal photographer and bike pump holder. :)


It was a bit rainy and chilly but overall a wonderful day. I am so proud of my hubby. :)

(And now only five days until my mini triathlon. I am so NERVOUS!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Matt!! You can do it Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Renae's comment! I am so glad Matt got to do another half marathon!! I can't wait to hear about your triathlon. Swimming....yea! Go Jenn Go! LUBM

    ReplyDelete